NetApp to bring over 400 additional jobs to RTP
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK (WTVD) -- The computer storage and data management company NetApp is adding more than 400 jobs to Research Triangle Park.
The announcement came Monday following a last minute deal.
NetApp, which is a data-based software company headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., will add 460 new technology jobs to the state over the next four years.
The company, which is has had a facility in RTP since 2004, is expected to invest $75 million with the expansion in research and development.
The company has partnered with Wake Tech Community College to help train new workers.
According to Gov. Bev Perdue, that training plays right into her long-time talking point of the importance of education and retraining. It's another reason she said the incentives that the state offered Net App $12 million were well worth it.
"I can name three or four companies who aren't here today because of the incentives and, whether you like that or not, when you choose not to compete with incentives, you say goodbye to the company," said Perdue.
Perdue said NetApp did have at least one other incentive package, but North Carolina won out in the end.
The average salary of the new jobs is expected to be $100,000.
local/state, jon camp
- Winter weather possible for some northern areas
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help