NCCU football coach reinstated
DURHAM (WTVD) -- North Carolina Central University's head football coach has been reinstated following a domestic assault charge.
Henry Frazier was put on paid leave after his May arrest. He was charged with misdemeanor assault on a female after a heated argument with his wife.
As of Monday, the university reinstated Frazier, and he expects to be practicing with the team as early as this week.
"When a university hires a football coach, they hire his entire family. In a million years, I would've never thought this would happen to me or my family," said Frazier. "I'd like to formally apologize to my family, the university and its supporters."
Court records show Frazier is participating in an abuse treatment program in exchange for a dismissed charge.
nccu, durham county, local/state, tamara gibbs
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day 56 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Crews search for missing boater on Cape Fear River 39 min ago
- Private plane lands short of Charlotte runway
- Hit-and-run driver sought in fatal moped crash
- Defense wraps after Abaroa's mom's testimony
- Super PAC created for possible Tillis Senate bid
- More salmonella cases reported in Fayetteville
- Biographer regrets affair with former CIA director
- TSA finds man carrying gun on prosthetic leg
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Family continues to experience miracles
- Travelers hit the road for Memorial Day...
52 min ago
- Cumberland County church seeks new home
44 min ago