NCCU football coach reinstated
DURHAM (WTVD) -- North Carolina Central University's head football coach has been reinstated following a domestic assault charge.
Henry Frazier was put on paid leave after his May arrest. He was charged with misdemeanor assault on a female after a heated argument with his wife.
As of Monday, the university reinstated Frazier, and he expects to be practicing with the team as early as this week.
"When a university hires a football coach, they hire his entire family. In a million years, I would've never thought this would happen to me or my family," said Frazier. "I'd like to formally apologize to my family, the university and its supporters."
Court records show Frazier is participating in an abuse treatment program in exchange for a dismissed charge.
nccu, durham county, local/state, tamara gibbs
- Vigil for Jesus Huerta takes violent turn
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- FAA reveals what caused Southwest flight to plummet
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- No. 8 Duke beats UCLA 80-63
- NCCU new head football coach named
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help