NCCU football coach reinstated
DURHAM (WTVD) -- North Carolina Central University's head football coach has been reinstated following a domestic assault charge.
Henry Frazier was put on paid leave after his May arrest. He was charged with misdemeanor assault on a female after a heated argument with his wife.
As of Monday, the university reinstated Frazier, and he expects to be practicing with the team as early as this week.
"When a university hires a football coach, they hire his entire family. In a million years, I would've never thought this would happen to me or my family," said Frazier. "I'd like to formally apologize to my family, the university and its supporters."
Court records show Frazier is participating in an abuse treatment program in exchange for a dismissed charge.
nccu, durham county, local/state, tamara gibbs
- Suspect in Durham carjacking, crash sought 24 min ago
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Lindsay Lohan calls sex list 'humiliating'
- Duke's Rodney Hood to enter NBA Draft
- Raleigh police investigate home invasion
- Video: Easter celebration in Durham
- 12 killed, 3 missing in avalanche on Everest
- Persons of interest identified in Fayetteville shooting
- Woman's tax refund gobbled by unpaid tickets 12 min ago
- Whoopi Goldberg writes Denver Post cannabis column
- Doomed ferry's sharp turn, slow evacuation probed
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born near Philadelphia
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards