Duke Energy's credit rating downgraded
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Standard & Poor's has downgraded Duke Energy's credit rating. They lowered Duke's rating from A- to triple B+.
The credit rating service had placed Duke on credit watch following the CEO switch just after Duke and Progress Energy merged.
In a statement, Duke Energy said they disagree with the S&P's rating action and that they are committed to high credit quality.
Meanwhile, two former Progress Energy shareholders have filed a class action lawsuit against Duke Energy citing the CEO switch.
duke energy, local/state
- Help hungry families through the holidays 19 min ago
- Duke Chapel holds Mandela memorial
- Snowball fight could lead to criminal charges
- Airline's sweet surprise for passengers
- World leaders bow, pray at Mandela's casket
- Air travelers caught in winter storm
- Video shows encounter that led to inmate's death
- Shooting reported in Raleigh
- Modest Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- Serial bank robber arrested in Durham
- Bubba the goat is no longer on the lam
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget pact
- Car crashes on Glenwood Avenue during chase
- Walmart, AIG say they plan nearly 700 NC jobs
- Last day of Heart of Carolina Food Drive
18 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help