Duke Energy's credit rating downgraded
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Standard & Poor's has downgraded Duke Energy's credit rating. They lowered Duke's rating from A- to triple B+.
The credit rating service had placed Duke on credit watch following the CEO switch just after Duke and Progress Energy merged.
In a statement, Duke Energy said they disagree with the S&P's rating action and that they are committed to high credit quality.
Meanwhile, two former Progress Energy shareholders have filed a class action lawsuit against Duke Energy citing the CEO switch.
duke energy, local/state
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast 32 min ago
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide
- Crews battle large apartment complex fire
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her