Teen killed, 3 others injured in crash
DUNN, N.C. (WTVD) -- A 13-year-old boy was killed in a traffic accident in Dunn Thursday morning.
It happened at the intersection of North Carolina Highways 55 and 242 near the Johnston-Sampson County line around 8:15 a.m.
The teen, Caden Allen, and his father, 52-year-old Curtis Allen, were traveling west on Highway 55 in a PT Cruiser when they collided with a truck, according to the State Highway Patrol. The truck, driven by 28-year-old Nelson Ramos Jr., failed to stop at a stop sign and collided with the PT Cruiser.
Caden Allen, who was riding in the front seat, was pronounced dead at the scene. His father was taken to WakeMed with non-life threatening injuries.
Ramos and one passenger, 53-year-old Gilberto Viveros were transported to Johnston Medical Center in Smithfield for minor injuries
The State Highway Patrol said Ramos has been charged with failure to stop at a stop sign and misdemeanor death by motor vehicle. Troopers said alcohol was not a factor.
With information from Mickey Lamm/WTSB Radio
- Soggy, cool Saturday to start holiday weekend
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- New bill aims to curb overzealous photoshopping 38 min ago
- Shedding light on Clinton's health overhaul flop
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase
- Warehouse fire cause explained
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter