Teen killed, 3 others injured in crash
DUNN, N.C. (WTVD) -- A 13-year-old boy was killed in a traffic accident in Dunn Thursday morning.
It happened at the intersection of North Carolina Highways 55 and 242 near the Johnston-Sampson County line around 8:15 a.m.
The teen, Caden Allen, and his father, 52-year-old Curtis Allen, were traveling west on Highway 55 in a PT Cruiser when they collided with a truck, according to the State Highway Patrol. The truck, driven by 28-year-old Nelson Ramos Jr., failed to stop at a stop sign and collided with the PT Cruiser.
Caden Allen, who was riding in the front seat, was pronounced dead at the scene. His father was taken to WakeMed with non-life threatening injuries.
Ramos and one passenger, 53-year-old Gilberto Viveros were transported to Johnston Medical Center in Smithfield for minor injuries
The State Highway Patrol said Ramos has been charged with failure to stop at a stop sign and misdemeanor death by motor vehicle. Troopers said alcohol was not a factor.
With information from Mickey Lamm/WTSB Radio
- Bicycle Man's legacy lives on 1 min ago
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Obama skips out of Washington for Hawaii vacation
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Wild video: Duke Energy implodes smokestacks
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help