Man accused of taking video of girls in shower
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A former Wake County man already in jail now faces more charges for allegedly taking video of young girls in the shower.
Porfirio Fregoso, 42, is in jail in Durham charged with first degree rape.
Fregoso was already under a bond of more than $1.6 million stemming for the rape charges and three counts of indecent liberties with a child.
Thursday, he was hit with new peeping charges. Those charges, according to court records, involve a house in Holly Springs where Fregoso used to live with his girlfriend.
Neighbors said the couple recently moved to Durham, which is where he was first charged with rape and indecent liberties.
Holly Springs police also hit him with indecent liberties charges earlier this month.
Then, over the weekend, detectives said Fregoso's girlfriend found a cell phone with video of underage girls showering at the house in Holly Springs.
Now, Fregoso faces five more charges of felony secret peeping.
It's not clear when or if Fregoso will show up at the Wake County courthouse.
Since the most serious charge of rape was filed against Fregoso in Durham, he will most likely remain in jail in Durham for at least for the time being.
wake county, sex offense, local/state, ed crump
- McNeill found guilty of first-degree murder
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington State
- Authorities: Barricade situation didn't happen
- Suspect in Raleigh murder has criminal past
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Tar Heels beat Hurricanes 10-0 in ACC tournament
- Senate Republicans move NC budget to House
- Raleigh names new interim city manager
- Hurricane forecast: Another busy Atlantic season
- Senate leader at odds with Governor over Dix lease