Caroline Welch named President/GM of WTVD
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Rebecca Campbell, the President of the ABC Owned Television Stations Group was at WTVD Thursday to introduce Caroline Welch as the new president and general manager of ABC11.
She comes to us from our sister station, WPVI in Philadelphia, where she was vice president of programming.
In announcing Welch's appointment, Campbell said: "Caroline Welch's proven commitment to excellence in local TV programming, along with the wide-ranging expertise she's gained working closely with management and staff across-the-board at WPVI-TV, made her the ideal choice for the top post at WTVD-TV. We all congratulate Caroline on this well-deserved promotion and look forward to her continuing success ahead in Raleigh-Durham."
Welch succeeds John Idler who recently was promoted to President and General Manager of ABC-owned WLS-TV in Chicago.
Prior to joining the ABC Owned Television Stations Group, Welch held producing positions at Fox 45 in Baltimore and Simmons/Fortune in Washington, D.C. Before moving into television, she worked as a print reporter on the island of Tonga, in the South Pacific.
We're happy to welcome Caroline to the Triangle and to North Carolina.
durham county, local/state
- Powerball players check their tickets
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Tanker truck collides with SUV in Johnston County
- Inmate escapes from NC prison, found 4 miles away
- 2 charged with murder in Rocky Mount shooting
- Army investigates 23-year-old paratrooper's death
- Another mugging reported at Durham bank
- Man, granddaughter killed in Wayne County crash
- Pedestrian hit, killed in Fayetteville
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Eric Staal's MRI reveals good news for Caniacs
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos