Theater massacre survivor returns to NC
RALEIGH DURHAM INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (WTVD) -- A survivor of the Colorado movie theater massacre is now home in North Carolina.
Derrick Poage, 22, reunited with his mom and family at RDU Thursday afternoon. Poage is from Hope Mills.
He and his girlfriend were inside the movie theater just feet away from the alleged gunman. Both escaped unharmed.
Poage will soon return to Colorado where he's been staying with his girlfriend. The two will go to college there in the fall.
raleigh durham airport, local/state
- ABC11 food drive makes sure no one goes hungry
- Woman claws her way out of locked bathroom
- Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year
- Man arrested in death of SC mayor's brother in law
- Man struck, killed on I-95 in Selma
- Shearon Harris back in operation 10 min ago
- American University campus lockdown lifted 2 min ago
- Pilot who crashed at SFO worried about landing 51 min ago
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 22 min ago
- Prosecutor: no domestic charges against Zimmerman 21 min ago
- Wake schools bus shows up hours late
- NC lawmaker charged in state tax case resigns
- Ex-NC State coach pleads guilty to tax charges
- Victim in Durham apartment shooting dies
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help