Theater massacre survivor returns to NC
RALEIGH DURHAM INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (WTVD) -- A survivor of the Colorado movie theater massacre is now home in North Carolina.
Derrick Poage, 22, reunited with his mom and family at RDU Thursday afternoon. Poage is from Hope Mills.
He and his girlfriend were inside the movie theater just feet away from the alleged gunman. Both escaped unharmed.
Poage will soon return to Colorado where he's been staying with his girlfriend. The two will go to college there in the fall.
raleigh durham airport, local/state
- Ice, rain, wind causing slick roads, delays, outages 21 min ago
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Don't worry, guacamole safe from climate change
- Airline passenger leaves nasty note for pilot
- Man accused of taking doctor's identity surrenders
- Durham crime numbers show mixed results
- Sinclair to face 15 year sentence, plea offer accepted
- NCCU students take part in Match Madness
- NC terror suspect says he's being tortured
- Man charged in fatal hit-and-run gets lower bond
- Road rage incident leads to gun being shown
- Coach K released from hospital after game
- More evidence presented in Teghan Skiba murder case
- EU slaps initial sanctions on Russia
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help