Theater massacre survivor returns to NC
RALEIGH DURHAM INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (WTVD) -- A survivor of the Colorado movie theater massacre is now home in North Carolina.
Derrick Poage, 22, reunited with his mom and family at RDU Thursday afternoon. Poage is from Hope Mills.
He and his girlfriend were inside the movie theater just feet away from the alleged gunman. Both escaped unharmed.
Poage will soon return to Colorado where he's been staying with his girlfriend. The two will go to college there in the fall.
raleigh durham airport, local/state
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Crews search for missing boater on Cape Fear River
- Private plane lands short of Charlotte runway
- Hit-and-run driver sought in fatal moped crash
- Defense wraps after Abaroa's mom's testimony
- Super PAC created for possible Tillis Senate bid
- More salmonella cases reported in Fayetteville
- Biographer regrets affair with former CIA director
- TSA finds man carrying gun on prosthetic leg
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Family continues to experience miracles