Police: Teen girls picked up at mall then drugged, raped
ZEBULON, N.C. (WTVD) -- Zebulon police said two teenage girls picked up at a Raleigh mall by three men were drugged and then raped.
All three men have been charged and one of them faced a judge for the first time Friday afternoon at the Wake County Courthouse.
Two of the men have been charged with having sex with the girls. All three were charged with either taking pictures of the teens, sending the pictures, or receiving them on their cell phones.
Saddam Algumai, 18, is known to his friends and family as Paul. He lives in Zebulon. Investigators said his home is where the two girls, ages 15 and 17, were drugged, raped and photographed.
Police believe the girls were brought to the home last week after they met Algumai and two other men at Crabtree Valley Mall.
According to court documents, the men took the girls to Zebulon and gave them mixed drinks.
The girls told police they next thing they knew they woke up the next morning naked on a bed surrounded by used condoms.
Jason Cunningham, 30, is charged with statutory rape, giving a mixed drink to a minor, and having nude pictures of one of the victims on his cell phone.
Chad Shaw, 20, is also charged with having pictures on his phone.
Algumai is charged with a sex offense against each victim as well as pictures on his phone.
wake county, sex offense, local/state, ed crump
- Police investigate apparent murder-suicide
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Okla. tornado damage: Thousands of homes, $1.5-$2B
- Racial Justice Act repeal heard by NC House panel
- NC Senate spending plan given initial OK
- NC State tops Clemson 6-3 in ACC tournament
- NC House bill opens renegotiation on Dix property
- NC terror suspect killed in overseas drone strike
- Acquaintance describes Abaroa after wife's death
- Stay safe from summer's deadly storms
- Jury begins deliberating in McNeill trial
- Rabies alert in Cary