Police: Teen girls picked up at mall then drugged, raped
ZEBULON, N.C. (WTVD) -- Zebulon police said two teenage girls picked up at a Raleigh mall by three men were drugged and then raped.
All three men have been charged and one of them faced a judge for the first time Friday afternoon at the Wake County Courthouse.
Two of the men have been charged with having sex with the girls. All three were charged with either taking pictures of the teens, sending the pictures, or receiving them on their cell phones.
Saddam Algumai, 18, is known to his friends and family as Paul. He lives in Zebulon. Investigators said his home is where the two girls, ages 15 and 17, were drugged, raped and photographed.
Police believe the girls were brought to the home last week after they met Algumai and two other men at Crabtree Valley Mall.
According to court documents, the men took the girls to Zebulon and gave them mixed drinks.
The girls told police they next thing they knew they woke up the next morning naked on a bed surrounded by used condoms.
Jason Cunningham, 30, is charged with statutory rape, giving a mixed drink to a minor, and having nude pictures of one of the victims on his cell phone.
Chad Shaw, 20, is also charged with having pictures on his phone.
Algumai is charged with a sex offense against each victim as well as pictures on his phone.
wake county, sex offense, local/state, ed crump
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide