Suspect arrested in Durham home invasion
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Durham police have arrested a man they say is responsible for an early morning home invasion.
An elderly man and his roommate were tied up and robbed at a home on Gloucester Court in southern Durham. Authorities said the suspect pistol-whipped the 69-year-old victim and tied him up, along with a 23-year-old female.
The Durham County Sheriff's Office said both victims were asleep when 22-year-old Shane Matthew Montejano broke into the home just before 7 a.m. Wednesday morning. Investigators said Montejano tied up both victims and ransacked the house, stealing several items including weapons.
After the suspect left the home, the male victim was able to free himself and walk to a nearby gas station where he called 911 for help.
Montejano, of Waterbury Road in Raleigh, was arrested late Thursday night following a traffic stop.
The case remains under investigation and more arrests are possible, according to sheriff's investigators.
The victim spoke with ABC11 and said he is doing okay since the incident. All of the items stolen from the victim's home, including the firearms, have been recovered.
Montejano is currently being held in the Durham County Jail under a $1 million bond.
durham county, robbery, local/state, tamara gibbs
- Search for missing swimmer to resume Thursday
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Interactive Hurricane Tracking Map
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- NWS confirms Franklin County tornado
- Wake superintendent named, controversy begins
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini has died
- Former TWA Flight 800 investigators want new probe
- Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Stocks slide as Fed says bond purchases could slow
- NC first lady urges Senate action on breeder bill
- UNC-Chapel Hill holds emergency drill
- Suspected meth found near RDU airport
- Wake Forest natural gas leak capped