Raleigh concert shooting victim identified
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Raleigh police are investigating a shooting at a concert at the Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion.
Officers said the shooting happened around 11 p.m. in the parking lot Friday night as concert goers left a show by country singers Jason Aldean and Luke Bryan.
Police said one male victim was taken to WakeMed with non life-threatening injuries.
There is no word yet on the relationship between the victim and the alleged shooter.
Officials said most concert-goers were unaware of the shooting and were not in danger.
Jason Aldean responded to the incident on his Facebook page Saturday saying, "There's no excuse 4 things getting that heated in traffic leavin a show. I'm prayin 4 the fan who was injured and thanx to the Raleigh police for acting so quickly."
On Monday, authorities identified the victim as 36-year-old Travis Pollard of Hamstead, N.C. He was last listed in good condition at WakeMed.
An investigation into the circumstances of the shooting are on-going at this time. So far, no charges have been filed.
Detectives are asking anyone who might have information that might assist those working the case to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP or to go to the CrimeStoppers Web site at www.raleighcrimestoppers.org to report a tip on line or by text message.
wake county, shooting, local/state
- Widow's wedding bands stolen in Hope Mills
- Manhunt for suspects in deadly luxury mall carjacking
- Crawleigh's I-440 lane closures got off to a rough start
- Police seek help solving double murder
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Multiple county chase ends in Durham
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Sheriff: School gunman planned to attack 5 spots
- Naked man spotted near Raleigh school
- Private ferry runs aground, injures 14
- Durham murder victim identified
- Blind man, guide dog safe after subway track fall
- Fair ride operator, owner formally indicted
- DOT looking at all 540 project paths
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help