Raleigh concert shooting victim identified
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Raleigh police are investigating a shooting at a concert at the Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion.
Officers said the shooting happened around 11 p.m. in the parking lot Friday night as concert goers left a show by country singers Jason Aldean and Luke Bryan.
Police said one male victim was taken to WakeMed with non life-threatening injuries.
There is no word yet on the relationship between the victim and the alleged shooter.
Officials said most concert-goers were unaware of the shooting and were not in danger.
Jason Aldean responded to the incident on his Facebook page Saturday saying, "There's no excuse 4 things getting that heated in traffic leavin a show. I'm prayin 4 the fan who was injured and thanx to the Raleigh police for acting so quickly."
On Monday, authorities identified the victim as 36-year-old Travis Pollard of Hamstead, N.C. He was last listed in good condition at WakeMed.
An investigation into the circumstances of the shooting are on-going at this time. So far, no charges have been filed.
Detectives are asking anyone who might have information that might assist those working the case to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP or to go to the CrimeStoppers Web site at www.raleighcrimestoppers.org to report a tip on line or by text message.
wake county, shooting, local/state
- Abaraoa defense asks case be dismissed
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Westbound I-40 shut down at I-440 interchange 12 min ago
- Taylor Swift wins 8 trophies at Billboard Awards
- ABC 11 Match Madness to help cancer patients
- Soldiers kick off All American Week
- NRC meets public after nuclear plant shuttered
- NC NAACP enters 4th week of legislative protests
- MPs who lost comrades welcomed home
- Funeral held for North Hills murder victim
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Cancer returns for child who gave gifts to patients