Raleigh concert shooting victim identified
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Raleigh police are investigating a shooting at a concert at the Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion.
Officers said the shooting happened around 11 p.m. in the parking lot Friday night as concert goers left a show by country singers Jason Aldean and Luke Bryan.
Police said one male victim was taken to WakeMed with non life-threatening injuries.
There is no word yet on the relationship between the victim and the alleged shooter.
Officials said most concert-goers were unaware of the shooting and were not in danger.
Jason Aldean responded to the incident on his Facebook page Saturday saying, "There's no excuse 4 things getting that heated in traffic leavin a show. I'm prayin 4 the fan who was injured and thanx to the Raleigh police for acting so quickly."
On Monday, authorities identified the victim as 36-year-old Travis Pollard of Hamstead, N.C. He was last listed in good condition at WakeMed.
An investigation into the circumstances of the shooting are on-going at this time. So far, no charges have been filed.
Detectives are asking anyone who might have information that might assist those working the case to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP or to go to the CrimeStoppers Web site at www.raleighcrimestoppers.org to report a tip on line or by text message.
wake county, shooting, local/state
- Teacher resignations up significantly in Wake Co.
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Pres. Obama shows skepticism on Russia in Ukraine 56 min ago
- Cooper, other lawyers resolve NC defamation case
- Police trying to identify Cary rape suspect
- Police: Antiques store used to sell meth
- Jabari Parker leaving Duke
- Photos: Outer Banks store burns
- Gov. Pat McCrory proposes help for vets
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Former teacher faces charges
- Big rig crashes through front of pharmacy
- Cool Kids: Molly Paul
33 min ago
- Suspect in Wake Forest kidnapping captured
51 min ago