Town official charged twice in one week
KNIGHTDALE -- A Knightdale town councilman was arrested Friday after facing two charges in one week.
Terrence Gleason was arrested Friday night on suspicion of driving while impaired.
Just six days earlier, on July 22, the 60-year-old was also charged with DWI.
There were 911 calls made Friday night involving a fight between Gleason and his roommate. When officers responded to the home, they found marijuana paraphernalia inside. Gleason was not cited for either, but the mayor suggest Gleason consider resigning.
"With two or three DWIs and some other issues that have come up, and at this point it's more of a distraction for the town and it seems like he needs to spend some time getting his personal life straight," Knightdale mayor Russell Killen said.
Gleason told the mayor he would consider resigning.
According to the Town of Knightdale's mayor, Gleason was admitted to WakeMed on Saturday night for unknown reasons.
wake county, local/state, jon camp
- Winter weather advisory for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- NCCU will be part of March Madness
- Video: NC State headed to NCAA tournament
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Plane search expands from Australia to Kazakhstan
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school
- Man shot, killed at Willow Spring bar
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash