New section of Triangle Expressway opens
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C. (WTVD) -- Phase two of the N.C. Highway 540 project officially opened to traffic Wednesday.
The new 6.6-mile extension of the N.C. 540 stretches from N.C. Highway 55 in Research Triangle Park to U.S. Highway 64 in Apex.
The new section will be free until Thursday. A one-way trip will cost about $1.53.
A third phase of the project, which will extend to Holly Springs, will open by January 2013.
A Quick Pass is not required. However, you will get a bill in the mail.
transportation, i540, 540 triangle expressway, local/state
- Winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- NC teacher says student hit her during field trip 16 min ago
- Charlotte remembers 1963 desegregation 'eat-in' 36 min ago
- Swift, Bieber, more ready for Billboard Awards 5 min ago
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Medical emergency eyed in Va. parade crash
- Ex-Pa. officer once hailed as hero faces charges 59 min ago
- abcnews: First lady makes light of husband's failures
- Another mugging reported at Durham bank