One dead, one injured in Fayetteville shooting
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- One man is dead and another wounded after a shootout outside a Fayetteville business sent people running for cover Tuesday afternoon.
Shukri Al-Gahim said he was inside his Ramsey Street tobacco shop when he heard a string of gunshots outside.
"I was sitting down working on my laptop when I heard a couple of shots, then like there was a lot of shots going on," said Al-Gahim.
The store's surveillance video captured the violence. It showed a car pull up in the parking lot. A few seconds later you see people running and the gunman can be seen repeatedly firing at the car as it speeds off down Ramsey Street.
One of the shooting victims then ran inside the store.
"The guy came inside the store," said Al-Gahim. "He was shot two times and he just came in and lay on the floor and I closed the door and called the cops."
The second victim driving the car made it just a few blocks. His car hit a utility pole on Colonial Avenue. Police said the driver died from his wounds.
"It appears the two men were possibly victims of the other suspect, that's still being investigated," said Fayetteville Police Sgt. Gary Womble. "It's being put together right now whether either of the two other men were armed or not."
The man who survived the shooting is recovering at a local hospital.
Police have not released the identities of the victims or suspect. For now they said this is a murder case, but they said, as they get further into the investigation, other charges could be filed.
Police also said its amazing no one else was injured.
cumberland county, local/state, greg barnes
- Dozens march in vigil for Jesus Huerta 1 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- NCCU new head football coach named
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- Panthers 1 win from ending playoff drought
- Lawyer details new evidence in Ackerson murder 37 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help