Registered sex offender, girlfriend arrested
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Authorities in Cumberland County have charged a Fayetteville woman with allowing her sex offender boyfriend to live with her, while she ran a babysitting business inside her home.
Cumberland County Sheriff's Sex Offenders Registration deputies said 52-year-old Yvonne Monroe advertised her services on Craigslist and babysat for at least two children.
During that time, authorities said 56-year-old Theodore Higuera Brazell, who is a registered sex offender, was living in the home. They said Brazell had also failed to change his address, which is a violation of the sex offender registry.
Monroe told investigators that she knew Brazell was a registered sex offender and was charged with babysitting in her home while harboring a known sex offender.
Monroe posted $1,000 bond and was released from the Cumberland County Detention Center.
Meanwhile, Brazell remains in jail under a $170,000 secured bond for with violating the 2005 North Carolina Code that prohibits babysitting service by sex offender or in the home of a sex offender.
cumberland county, local/state
- Three arrested in north Raleigh murder 18 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Lightning sparks Raleigh apartment fire
- Candidates for Wake superintendent narrowed to 3
- Request for mistrial in McNeill case denied
- Forensic expert reads emails from Janet Abaroa
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' - who won season 16?
- NC attorney general warns of disaster relief scams
- Parents push to get Enloe students back in school
- Good Samaritan law intended to save lives
- Michael Jordan: Bobcats changing name to Hornets
- North Carolina schools prepare for tornadoes