Registered sex offender, girlfriend arrested
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- Authorities in Cumberland County have charged a Fayetteville woman with allowing her sex offender boyfriend to live with her, while she ran a babysitting business inside her home.
Cumberland County Sheriff's Sex Offenders Registration deputies said 52-year-old Yvonne Monroe advertised her services on Craigslist and babysat for at least two children.
During that time, authorities said 56-year-old Theodore Higuera Brazell, who is a registered sex offender, was living in the home. They said Brazell had also failed to change his address, which is a violation of the sex offender registry.
Monroe told investigators that she knew Brazell was a registered sex offender and was charged with babysitting in her home while harboring a known sex offender.
Monroe posted $1,000 bond and was released from the Cumberland County Detention Center.
Meanwhile, Brazell remains in jail under a $170,000 secured bond for with violating the 2005 North Carolina Code that prohibits babysitting service by sex offender or in the home of a sex offender.
cumberland county, local/state
- Powerball players check their tickets
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Tanker truck collides with SUV in Johnston County
- Inmate escapes from NC prison, found 4 miles away
- 2 charged with murder in Rocky Mount shooting
- Army investigates 23-year-old paratrooper's death
- Another mugging reported at Durham bank
- Man, granddaughter killed in Wayne County crash
- Pedestrian hit, killed in Fayetteville
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Eric Staal's MRI reveals good news for Caniacs
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos