Lightning sparks gas line fire
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- The Fayetteville Fire Department said Thursday that lightning hit a gas line in the city, causing a fire.
Firefighters were called to Longparrish Court around 2 p.m.
They said flames were coming from the pipe when they arrived.
The gas company was called to cut off the supply to the pipe.
There were no reports of injuries.
cumberland county, fire, local/state
- NC-147 closed due to downed power lines 10 min ago
- Photos: The Golden Globe nominees
- 5 year old surprises deaf parents at school holiday concert
- Texas teen who killed four in crash sentenced to probation
- Salvation Army coming up short this year
- Jailer to serve 90 days behind bars
- Feds shut 52 unsafe bus companies
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor
- Bank robbery suspect sought in Fayetteville
- McCrory: Raleigh buildings are 'ugly as the dickens'
- Rash of shootings have Sanford on edge
- Bowl president: 'No doubt' about No. 22 Duke
- Pool parasite sickens high school swimmers
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help