Two Fort Bragg soldiers killed in Afghanistan
FORT BRAGG, N.C. (WTVD) -- Two Fort Bragg soldiers were killed Thursday in Afghanistan, according to the Department of Defense.
Staff Sgt. Matthew S. Sitton, 26, and 1st Sgt. Russell R. Bell, 37, died after an enemy improvised explosive device blast.
Both were assigned to the 1st Battalion, 508th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division at Fort Bragg.
Bell was originally from Tyler, Texas, and Sitton was a native of Largo, Fla.
fort bragg, local/state
- NAACP, students challenge education changes 53 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Possible tornado damage reported in Franklin County
- Driver facing charges after passenger injured in accident
- Baby born on Raleigh Beltline 5 min ago
- UNC-Chapel Hill to conduct emergency drill
- Obama renews call for nuclear reductions
- Hearings begin for Duke Energy's 5 percent hike
- NC Senate takes up energy conservation rollback
- UCLA defeats Wolfpack 2-1 at College World Series
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Wake County Schools names new superintendent
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos