Durham police investigating fatal shooting
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Durham police are investigating a fatal shooting that happened early Tuesday morning.
It happened around 4 a.m. at Wabash and Truman streets near E. Lawson Street in the McDougald Terrace Community.
When officers arrived, they found 23-year-old Dennis Lamb lying in the street. He had been shot and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Based on a preliminary investigation, detectives said they do not believe it was a random act.
No charges have been filed at this time.
It is the second deadly shooting in that area this week. On Saturday night, one person was killed and another was injured in the 1400 block of Lawson Street.
Police said no arrests had been made in that shooting.
Both incidents are still under investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to call Investigator Roberts at (919) 560-4440, ext. 29325 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200.
durham county, shooting, local/state
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day 42 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Crews search for missing boater on Cape Fear River 25 min ago
- Private plane lands short of Charlotte runway
- Hit-and-run driver sought in fatal moped crash
- Defense wraps after Abaroa's mom's testimony
- Super PAC created for possible Tillis Senate bid
- More salmonella cases reported in Fayetteville
- Biographer regrets affair with former CIA director
- TSA finds man carrying gun on prosthetic leg
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Family continues to experience miracles
- Travelers hit the road for Memorial Day...
38 min ago
- Cumberland County church seeks new home
30 min ago