Lightning sparks house fire
WAKE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Lightning is being blamed for a house fire in eastern Wake County.
Storms were passing through the area Tuesday afternoon when the fire started at the home on Lottery Lane.
Residents told ABC11 that they heard a loud crash and got out of the home as soon as they could.
Most of the damage was contained to the roof and attic area.
Firefighters managed to rescue a dog from the burning home.
No one was injured.
wake county, fire, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help