Lightning sparks house fire
WAKE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Lightning is being blamed for a house fire in eastern Wake County.
Storms were passing through the area Tuesday afternoon when the fire started at the home on Lottery Lane.
Residents told ABC11 that they heard a loud crash and got out of the home as soon as they could.
Most of the damage was contained to the roof and attic area.
Firefighters managed to rescue a dog from the burning home.
No one was injured.
wake county, fire, local/state
- Photos: Oklahoma tornado aftermath
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Lightning sparks Raleigh apartment fire 6 min ago
- High School coach arrested on sex charge
- Two cleared, others charged in murder
- Kieran Shanahan on leave from law firm
- North Carolina schools prepare for tornados
- Video: 'Valor Games' begin in Triangle 22 min ago
- Good Samaritan law intended to save lives
- NC House panel looking at public school grant bill
- AP Source: Jordan changing team name to Hornets
- NC NAACP protests reach highest arrest count yet
- Lightning sparks Raleigh apartment fire
5 min ago
- Search and rescue efforts continue in...
2 min ago
- 'Valor Games' begin in Triangle
22 min ago