Lightning sparks house fire
WAKE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Lightning is being blamed for a house fire in eastern Wake County.
Storms were passing through the area Tuesday afternoon when the fire started at the home on Lottery Lane.
Residents told ABC11 that they heard a loud crash and got out of the home as soon as they could.
Most of the damage was contained to the roof and attic area.
Firefighters managed to rescue a dog from the burning home.
No one was injured.
wake county, fire, local/state
- Widow's wedding bands stolen in Hope Mills
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Manhunt for suspects in deadly luxury mall carjacking
- Police seek help solving double murder
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Multiple county chase ends in Durham
- Sheriff: School gunman planned to attack 5 spots
- Naked man spotted near Raleigh school
- Private ferry runs aground, injures 14
- Durham murder victim identified
- Blind man, guide dog safe after subway track fall
- Fair ride operator, owner formally indicted
- DOT looking at all 540 project paths
- NC photographer helps shelter dogs find a home
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help