Search continues for teen believed drowned
MECKLENBURG, Va. (WTVD) -- The search continues for a 13-year-old boy who drowned in Kerr Lake.
Virginia authorities told ABC11 that a group rented a pontoon boat in Mecklenburg County Thursday.
Four adults and eight children were on-board.
At some point the children jumped overboard to take a swim. That's when the 13 year old started struggling. Someone tried to save him but he had already gone under.
mecklenburg county, local/state
- Target investigating credit card breach
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- Police issue warning on eve of Huerta vigil
- Dog helps doctors monitor child during operation
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle
- Ex-boyfriend charged in Durham double murder
- Texas upends No. 14 North Carolina 86-83 49 min ago
- NC State beats Vols 65-58 for sixth straight win
- White House task force urges limit on NSA snooping
- Ferry that ran aground on NC coast still stuck
- Crawleigh could affect school start times
- UNC guard McDonald cleared by NCAA
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help