Raleigh man charged with child abuse, attempted arson
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A Raleigh man was arrested Saturday and charged with abusing his girlfriend's 19-month-old daughter.
Detectives said the girl suffered a lacerated liver and bruised kidneys. She also had blood in her stomach, cuts on her lips, and bruises on her forehead.
Angelo Lofton Jr., 30, is charged with child abuse and is being held on $75,000 bond. Police said Lofton was taking care of the child at his apartment on The Lakes Drive. Lofton is in a relationship with the child's mother, according to investigators.
In addition to the child abuse charges, an investigation led detectives to charge Lofton with attempted arson. Police said he tried to set fire to his apartment while people were inside back in May and then again in July.
wake county, arson, local/state
- Search for missing swimmer to resume Thursday
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Interactive Hurricane Tracking Map
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- NWS confirms Franklin County tornado
- Wake superintendent named, controversy begins
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini has died
- Former TWA Flight 800 investigators want new probe
- Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Stocks slide as Fed says bond purchases could slow
- NC first lady urges Senate action on breeder bill
- UNC-Chapel Hill holds emergency drill
- Suspected meth found near RDU airport
- Wake Forest natural gas leak capped
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos