Suspect in police officer shooting dies
LUMBERTON, N.C. (WTVD) -- The man who was accused of shooting a Lumberton police officer Sunday morning has died.
Police told ABC11 that 22-year-old Victor Ronald Spearman died Monday.
Officer Marcus Norton was treated and released from the hospital.
The shooting came less than a month after Officer Jeremiah Goodson was shot and killed while trying to serve a warrant at a gas station.
shooting, robeson county, local/state
- Suspected meth found near Raleigh airport 33 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Interactive Hurricane Tracking Map
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Homes evacuated in Wake Forest due to gas leak 9 min ago
- Tropical Storm Barry forms off Mexican coast 59 min ago
- Former TWA Flight 800 investigators want new probe 33 min ago
- Traffic returns to Wash. bridge that collapsed 34 min ago
- UNC-Chapel Hill holds emergency drill
- NAACP, students challenge education changes
- Driver facing charges after passenger injured in accident
- Baby born on Raleigh Beltline
- NC undocumented ask for in-state tuition prices
- Obama renews call for nuclear reductions
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos