Suspect in police officer shooting dies
LUMBERTON, N.C. (WTVD) -- The man who was accused of shooting a Lumberton police officer Sunday morning has died.
Police told ABC11 that 22-year-old Victor Ronald Spearman died Monday.
Officer Marcus Norton was treated and released from the hospital.
The shooting came less than a month after Officer Jeremiah Goodson was shot and killed while trying to serve a warrant at a gas station.
shooting, robeson county, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- Malaysia asks countries for data to help find jet
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school 40 min ago
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar