Teen killed in North Raleigh
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Raleigh police are investigating the shooting death of a 16-year-old boy.
Investigators said it happened around 4:45 p.m. at an apartment complex in the 3800 block of Rolling Green Court.
Fernando Garibay- Benitez - a rising tenth grader at Millbrook High School - was declared dead at the scene.
According to police, a silver or gray mini-van was seen driving recklessly through the apartment complex during the time of the shooting incident. Some reports indicate that the vehicle may have cut off - or nearly collided with - another vehicle at or near the intersection of Rolling Green Court and New Hope Road.
Detectives are interested in speaking with anyone who may have witnessed that incident or anything else related to the case. Anyone with information is asked to call Raleigh Crime Stoppers at (919) 834-HELP.
wake county, homicide, local/state
- Child killed in Johnston County crash
- Parents on smartphones ignore their kids, study finds
- Construction halted on controversial Raleigh home
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Some recommendations approved for Chatham Park project
- Students describe aftermath of Ukrainian riots
- Raleigh shooting under investigation
- Judge: influence may have tainted Sinclair trial
- Dentist tells jurors he prayed child would die
- Elderly couple beaten, robbed in home
- Boaters rescued on Cape Fear River
- Stranded climber rescued from NC mountain
- Exercise highlights 440th Airlift Wing's importance
- Parts of Triangle still paralyzed by weather damage
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help