Police detain 13, 15 year old in teen's fatal shooting
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A 13 year old and 15 year old have been taken into custody in connection with the shooting death of a 16-year-old Raleigh boy.
The shooting happened around 4:45 p.m. Wednesday at an apartment complex in the 3800 block of Rolling Green Court.
Fernando Garibay- Benitez - a rising tenth grader at Millbrook High School - was declared dead at the scene.
On Friday, Raleigh Police detectives detained the two juveniles and said while they have probable cause to believe the pair are principal suspects in the case, a follow-up investigation remains on-going.
Police also said a minivan believed to have been involved in the fatal shooting has been located.
Anyone with information is asked to call Raleigh Crime Stoppers at (919) 834-HELP.
wake county, homicide, local/state
- Winds, thunderstorms blow in ahead of chilly temps 19 min ago
- Tax collector's office accused of abusing worker
- 'First kiss': The story behind the real viral hit
- Local company to provide experimental drug to boy
- Soldiers find human remains scattered in woods
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 2 dead 52 min ago
- Target apologizes for 'thigh gap' Photoshop fail 50 min ago
- Felony charges unlikely in Gates Four shooting 38 min ago
- Hazmat scare at Raleigh gas station over
- Abaroa agrees to plea deal 35 min ago
- No charges in Durham police shooting
- 4-year-old tells police brother attacked him
- Tests confirm norovirus at Asheville school
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 34 min ago
- Weather hampers clean-up efforts in Orange...
23 min ago