Man flees courtroom, leads deputies on high speed chase
CARTHAGE, N.C. (WTVD) -- A Moore County man fled from a courtroom on Thursday before he was scheduled to face a judge for existing charges, officials said.
After fleeing the courtroom on foot, 25-year-old Brandon Lane got in his vehicle leading deputies on a high speed chase. The chase ended when Lane drove the vehicle into a wooded area off of Hwy 27/27 west and fled on foot.
On Friday, Lane was arrested and faces multiple charges, including flee to elude, reckless driving, fail to heed blue light and siren, driving left of center, resisting arrest, driving while license revoked, three counts of identity theft, and three counts of financial card theft.
Lane was given a $7,500 bond, with a first court appearance scheduled for Sept 9.
moore county, local/state
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh 13 min ago
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham 52 min ago
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Crews battle large apartment complex fire
- Duke senior killed in Florida crash
- Sinclair trial to resume Monday at Fort Bragg
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape Fear River
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in...
50 min ago