Two hit-and-runs shut down I-40 Westbound
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- All lanes of I-40 Westbound were shut down for hours Friday night after two hit-and-run accidents.
All four lanes were shut down at Lake Wheeler Road, exit 297, at 7:45 p.m. and did not open again until 11:15 p.m.
Raleigh police said one vehicle was involved in both hit-and-runs, one with injuries. Police believe the car that left the scene was a dark green passenger vehicle, possibly a Nissan.
Officials do not believe the injuries are life-threatening.
wake county, i40, accident, local/state
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Crews search for missing boater on Cape Fear River
- Private plane lands short of Charlotte runway
- Hit-and-run driver sought in fatal moped crash
- Defense wraps after Abaroa's mom's testimony
- Super PAC created for possible Tillis Senate bid
- More salmonella cases reported in Fayetteville
- Biographer regrets affair with former CIA director
- TSA finds man carrying gun on prosthetic leg
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Family continues to experience miracles