Alleged rapist may have targeted other children
GARNER, N.C. (WTVD) -- As police continue to look into the case of an alleged kidnapping and rape in Wake County, parents are left to wonder if the suspect has targeted other children before.
Omar Sellers is charged with using an ice cream truck to lure and rape a 14 year old in Garner Thursday night.
Farrah Oakley and her 11-year-old daughter Kamryn believe Sellers targeted Kamryn that same night.
"I gave him the money and then he just like grabbed me and left a bruise and he started smelling me and laughing," Kamryn McElveen said.
"When she came back and told me what he had done I was like, well do I need to call the police and report this, and then you guys had the breaking news," Oakley said.
Police issued an Amber Alert after the 14 year old went missing. The underage victim told police and ABC11 that Sellers offered to pay children to help him run the ice cream truck.
It was an attractive offer for the teen, who said she just wanted to help her family pay the bills. When she got into the truck, she said Sellers forced himself on her.
"I kept telling him I didn't feel comfortable with him touching me. And the last time he touched me I elbowed him in the stomach and I told him I was ready to go home," the victim said.
When police spotted the van in Garner, they found Sellers with the 14 year old. He now faces several charges, including kidnapping and rape.
The incident has left Oakley shaken, but relieved her daughter was not harmed.
"I feel horrible for the other family, but I am, I'm grateful that she backed away when she did and came straight home," Oakley said.
ABC11 learned that Sellers has a lengthy criminal record, which includes carrying a concealed weapon.
He is being held in the Wake County Jail on a $1 million bond.
wake county, sex offense, local/state, fred shropshire
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load 41 min ago
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- NC NAACP calls for June 3 rally for next protest
- 5.7-magnitude quake widely felt across N. Calif.
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on marijuana charge
- Father sought after baby found with burns
- Gray seal spending time on NC beaches
- Charlotte mom has son jailed for stealing Pop Tarts
- Police investigate Durham bank robbery
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Authorities: Barricade situation didn't happen