Teens charged with plotting to kill mom
FRANKLIN COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- A teenager is accused of plotting to have her own mother killed.
A law enforcement source in Franklin County said a Youngsville mother's 15-year-old girl paid to have her killed. The victim was shot in the face with her own gun last week in what appeared to be a botched robbery attempt August 16.
The mom's daughter called 911 in an alleged panic.
"Oh my God, oh my God, my mom just got shot ... please help me," she said to the 911 operator.
Franklin County Sheriff Jerry Jones told ABC11 that upwards to $60,000 was involved in the robbery.
Both 18-year-old Shannon Nyamodi, who is believed to be the daughter's boyfriend, and the daughter are facing attempted murder charges.
The name of the girl - who is charged as a juvenile - hasn't been released.
Investigators believe the teen was looking for someone to kill her mom for quite some time.
The Franklin County Sheriff said it was social media, and the teen's pauses on the 911 call that led them to make the arrests.
franklin county, local/state
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help