Teens charged with plotting to kill mom
FRANKLIN COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- A teenager is accused of plotting to have her own mother killed.
A law enforcement source in Franklin County said a Youngsville mother's 15-year-old girl paid to have her killed. The victim was shot in the face with her own gun last week in what appeared to be a botched robbery attempt August 16.
The mom's daughter called 911 in an alleged panic.
"Oh my God, oh my God, my mom just got shot ... please help me," she said to the 911 operator.
Franklin County Sheriff Jerry Jones told ABC11 that upwards to $60,000 was involved in the robbery.
Both 18-year-old Shannon Nyamodi, who is believed to be the daughter's boyfriend, and the daughter are facing attempted murder charges.
The name of the girl - who is charged as a juvenile - hasn't been released.
Investigators believe the teen was looking for someone to kill her mom for quite some time.
The Franklin County Sheriff said it was social media, and the teen's pauses on the 911 call that led them to make the arrests.
franklin county, local/state
- Man shot outside Fayetteville grocery store
- Blast on site of explosives plants kills 1
- Easter butter lamb gets 'pardon' at Buffalo market
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Former teacher faces charges 36 min ago
- Gas prices on the rise; still lower than last Easter
- Nurseries, homeowners take steps to protect plants
- Troubleshooter investigates Papa John's dough
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works
- Portland plans reservoir flush after teen cited
- 2 more charged in Wake Forest kidnapping
- Girl's memorial being held at basketball arena
- Sketch of Cary rape suspect released
- McCrory proposes new coal ash regulation