Pine Level man convicted of shooting former friend
PINE LEVEL (WTVD) -- A Johnston County jury found 25-year-old Stefan Gudac guilty of voluntary manslaughter Thursday in the November 2010 shooting of a former friend.
Gudac had been charged with first-degree murder in the killing.
He shot Devin Barber to death in his parent's home.
Gudac was sentenced to serve between 64 and 86 months in prison.
Gudac is the son of Pine Level Town Commissioner Anthony Gudac. Mr. Gudac and his wife were out of town when the fatal shooting occurred at their residence. Eight people had gathered at the Gudac home when a fight - reportedly over a girl - broke out and Barber was shot.
Barber was an Eagle Scout and was living at an address on White Oak Drive in Smithfield.
With information from Mickey Lamm/WTSB Radio
johnston county, homicide, shooting, local/state
- Family of dead teen wants federal investigation
- Heart of Carolina Food Drive wrapping up soon
- South African police prepare for Mandela ceremony
- Man must pay $50K after breaking up with fiancee
- Audit shows problems with NC Tracks 41 min ago
- North Carolina ties to Craigslist murder 16 min ago
- Bicyclist charged with DWI
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign 17 min ago
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- Cumberland County deputy involved in crash
- Jury selection begins in newlywed killing case
- Newtown asks for privacy, kindness on 1-year mark
- NASA: Ancient Martian lake may have supported life
- 7 LA sheriff's deputies arrested in jail probe
- Young NC couple accused of killing man for...
15 min ago
- Restaurant apologizes for a sign many...
34 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help