Bicyclist dies from injuries in I-40 crash
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A man on a bicycle who was hit along Interstate 40 in Raleigh earlier this week has died.
Police said a truck driver slammed into the back of 44-year-old Mark Mathis as they both were traveling on I-40 near Avent Ferry Road.
Police said no charges are expected to be filed.
Mathis died Wednesday at WakeMed.
i40, accident, local/state
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds 19 min ago
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide
- Crews battle large apartment complex fire
- Thousands of ladies come together for...
1 min ago
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a...
15 min ago
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
25 min ago