Arrest made in Carrboro hazardous materials situation
CARRBORO, N.C. (WTVD) -- Officials have arrested a man in connection with a hazardous materials situation Friday night in Carrboro.
Officials said a man was mixing the chemicals. Officers charged 29-year-old Jeffrey Hayes with attempt of making methamphetamine. He is also charged with possession with intent to sell, having drug paraphernalia and a probation violation.
Hayes was given a $10,000 bond.
The scene cleared around 1 a.m. Saturday. There were no reports of any injuries, and residents were allowed back into their homes.
orange county, local/state
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Crews search for missing boater on Cape Fear River
- Private plane lands short of Charlotte runway
- Hit-and-run driver sought in fatal moped crash
- Defense wraps after Abaroa's mom's testimony
- Super PAC created for possible Tillis Senate bid
- More salmonella cases reported in Fayetteville
- Biographer regrets affair with former CIA director
- TSA finds man carrying gun on prosthetic leg
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Family continues to experience miracles