Fort Bragg airman killed in motorcycle crash
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- A motorcyclist was killed early Saturday morning in Cumberland County, according to the Highway Patrol.
Troopers said 25-year-old Brandon Towle, of Spring Lake, ran off the road, hit a mailbox, and was ejected from the bike. The accident happened on Nursery Road near Overhills Road around 5:40 a.m.
No other vehicles were involved in the accident.
Towle is in the Air Force and stationed at Fort Bragg.
Towle's ex-wife told troopers she talked to him around 4 a.m. and he was going home from a nightclub in Fayetteville.
The cause of the accident is under investigation.
cumberland county, accident, local/state
- Army helicopter crash victim from Triangle 10 min ago
- Will 'Anchorman 2' live up to the hype?
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- Bradley Cooper happy to be sober
- UNC guard McDonald cleared by NCAA
- Crawleigh could affect school start times 7 min ago
- Bipartisan budget agreement clears Congress
- Laurence Lovette denied change of venue for murder trial 57 min ago
- Police recover stolen storm grates
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue 48 min ago
- Ga. woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Film, TV productions spend $250 million in NC
- McCrory cites jobless rate, tax overhaul in video
- Photos: Most fascinating people of 2013
- Dog helps doctors monitor child during...
34 min ago
- Money Saver: Gift cards
36 min ago
- Santa comes early for Rocky Mount twins on...
47 min ago
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help