Fort Bragg airman killed in motorcycle crash
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) -- A motorcyclist was killed early Saturday morning in Cumberland County, according to the Highway Patrol.
Troopers said 25-year-old Brandon Towle, of Spring Lake, ran off the road, hit a mailbox, and was ejected from the bike. The accident happened on Nursery Road near Overhills Road around 5:40 a.m.
No other vehicles were involved in the accident.
Towle is in the Air Force and stationed at Fort Bragg.
Towle's ex-wife told troopers she talked to him around 4 a.m. and he was going home from a nightclub in Fayetteville.
The cause of the accident is under investigation.
cumberland county, accident, local/state
- Winter weather advisory for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- NCCU will be part of March Madness 15 min ago
- Video: NC State headed to NCAA tournament 52 min ago
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state 22 min ago
- Plane search expands from Australia to Kazakhstan 25 min ago
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
- Former student fires BB gun inside high school
- Man shot, killed at Willow Spring bar
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh
- Duke University senior killed in Florida crash
- Government drops sex assault charges...
56 min ago
- NCCU headed for the NCCA tournament
56 min ago