Man dies month after robbery, assault
DURHAM (WTVD) -- Police say a man who was hospitalized with critical injuries following a robbery in Durham has died more than a month after it happened.
Fifty-two-year-old Wayne Preston Cross passed away Wednesday evening at Durham Regional Hospital.
Police said the Cross was attacked in Long Meadow Park in the 900 block of Holloway Street around midnight July 24.
When officers arrived, Cross told them he was robbed and assaulted by a group of teens.
There have been no arrests.
Anyone with information is asked to call Investigator Pate at (919) 560-4440, ext. 29332 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for information leading to arrests in felony cases and callers never have to identify themselves.
- Tractor trailer collides with SUV in Johnston County 36 min ago
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Landing gear issue leads to plane's belly landing 37 min ago
- Rumor: Beyonce pregnant?
- Raleigh holds annual backyard chicken coops tour
- NC beach town celebrates 50th anniversary
- More salmonella cases reported in Fayetteville
- Deputies shoot, kill female suspect
- Eric Staal returns to Raleigh for MRI
- Child attacked by pit bull dog
- Friend: Murdered mom deleted Facebook due to ex-husband
- Conn. commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals