Bond denied for mother charged with stabbing son
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A Raleigh mother remains behind bars after a judge refused to lower her bond on charges she stabbed her teenage son.
Raleigh police say 34-year-old Latasha Willis stabbed her son in the neck and side on Saturday.
She has been charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill and child abuse.
Now, the boy's father is speaking for the first time since his son was injured.
"He still loves his mother," said the victim's father, Patrick Weldon. "He still loves her."
Weldon said his son was treated and released the night he was stabbed and that he left WakeMed with stitches.
"She's a good mother. She's just going through... I guess she's just stressed and depressed," said Weldon.
Willis remains in the Wake County Jail under a $250,000 bond.
wake county, stabbing, local/state
- Vigil for Jesus Huerta takes violent turn 1 min ago
- 'Duck Dynasty' star on hiatus after anti-gay comments
- Photos: Clinton is Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating
- Whole Foods will stop selling Chobani
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Target security breach affects up to 40M cards
- FAA reveals what caused Southwest flight to plummet
- 30 injured as bus overturns on California freeway
- No. 8 Duke beats UCLA 80-63 8 min ago
- NCCU new head football coach named
- NC ferry towed from sandbar after running aground
- Camp director facing child porn charges
- Troxler endorses Tillis for Senate primary in NC
- Trial for Army general facing sex charges delayed
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help