Bond denied for mother charged with stabbing son
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A Raleigh mother remains behind bars after a judge refused to lower her bond on charges she stabbed her teenage son.
Raleigh police say 34-year-old Latasha Willis stabbed her son in the neck and side on Saturday.
She has been charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill and child abuse.
Now, the boy's father is speaking for the first time since his son was injured.
"He still loves his mother," said the victim's father, Patrick Weldon. "He still loves her."
Weldon said his son was treated and released the night he was stabbed and that he left WakeMed with stitches.
"She's a good mother. She's just going through... I guess she's just stressed and depressed," said Weldon.
Willis remains in the Wake County Jail under a $250,000 bond.
wake county, stabbing, local/state
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- Malaysia asks countries for data to help find jet 22 min ago
- Man shot, killed in northeast Raleigh 33 min ago
- N.C. Central beats Morgan St. for MEAC title
- No. 7 Duke beats NC State 75-67
- Crimea votes on whether to secede from Ukraine 46 min ago
- Workers sift through rubble for clues to NYC blast
- Man shot, killed at Willow Springs bar
- Woman found unconscious behind the wheel in Durham
- Power knocked out to hundreds after car hits power pole
- Sheriff: Wendell couple killed in murder-suicide