Bond denied for mother charged with stabbing son
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- A Raleigh mother remains behind bars after a judge refused to lower her bond on charges she stabbed her teenage son.
Raleigh police say 34-year-old Latasha Willis stabbed her son in the neck and side on Saturday.
She has been charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill and child abuse.
Now, the boy's father is speaking for the first time since his son was injured.
"He still loves his mother," said the victim's father, Patrick Weldon. "He still loves her."
Weldon said his son was treated and released the night he was stabbed and that he left WakeMed with stitches.
"She's a good mother. She's just going through... I guess she's just stressed and depressed," said Weldon.
Willis remains in the Wake County Jail under a $250,000 bond.
wake county, stabbing, local/state
- Enloe High student charged in gun store break-ins
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- 7 hurt, 1 missing in Davidson County boat wreck
- Crews respond to another water rescue on Cape Fear River
- NC troopers to crack down on texting while driving
- Bear struck and killed on I-40 near Winston-Salem
- Duke beats Cornell to advance to lacrosse final
- Thousands of bridges at risk of freak collapse
- Authorities search for Iowa teen amid rain, wind
- Graduates in tornado-raked Okla. town vow to stay
- Deputies find moonshine, still in Thomasville home
- NY's Main Beach tops annual survey of best beaches