Hundreds of paratroopers return to Fort Bragg
FORT BRAGG (WTVD) -- About 300 paratroopers are now back on American soil after a year in southern Afghanistan.
A welcome home ceremony included the 82nd Airborne Division's approximately 200 paratroopers from the Division Headquarters and 100 paratroopers from 4th Brigade Combat Team, including Commanding General Maj. Gen. Jim Huggins and Division Command Sgt. Maj. Bryant Lambert.
Additionally, members of the Golden Brigade marched alongside the paratroopers for their official welcome home ceremony they never received upon returning from Vietnam.
fort bragg, local/state
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence 3 min ago
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Woman rescued from crashed van 25 min ago
- Durham house damaged by fire 15 min ago
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban
- P.J. Hairston off the team at UNC
- Man with Down syndrome learns he's...
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Power play lifts Capitals past Carolina, 4-2Hurricanes surge...
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help