Sinkhole swallows car in Durham
DURHAM (WTVD) -- A sinkhole formed Tuesday afternoon near the Bojangles in the 3500 block of Hillsborough Road in Durham.
A car driving into the empty lot dropped about 8 feet into the hole.
The driver was not seriously injured.
Right now, it is unclear if the sinkhole was related to heavy rains that fell in the area Monday night.
It is also unclear who owns the lot where the sinkhole formed.
Police are investigating. The area has been closed off.
durham county, local/state
- Photos: Oklahoma tornado aftermath
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Candidates for Wake superintendent narrowed to 3
- Request for mistrial in McNeill case denied
- Forensic expert reads emails from Janet Abaroa
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' - who won season 16?
- NC attorney general warns of disaster relief scams
- Parents push to get Enloe students back in school
- Good Samaritan law intended to save lives
- Michael Jordan: Bobcats changing name to Hornets
- North Carolina schools prepare for tornadoes
- High School coach arrested on sex charge