Charges filed in Cary crash
CARY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Charges have been filed in a crash that seriously injured three students from Cardinal Gibbons High School.
Cary police charged 17-year-old Laura Santiago, of Chapel Hill, with failure to stop at a red light.
Police said, just before noon on Aug. 24, Santiago was going north on Trinity Road when she ran a red light and hit a bread truck.
The truck then slammed into a third car while trying to avoid Santiago's vehicle.
In all, six people were involved in the crash.
Santiago and two other students were taken to WakeMed with serious injuries.
wake county, local/state
- Family, police at odds over Huerta vigil violence
- One dead, one hurt in Carrboro shooting
- 'Duck Dynasty' family calls show's future into question
- Flight delayed 2 hours for pilot's sandwich delivery
- Obama skips out of Washington for Hawaii vacation 19 min ago
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 7 min ago
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Wild video: Duke Energy implodes smokestacks
- Woman rescued from crashed van
- Durham house damaged by fire
- Critical spacewalk set for Saturday
- Senate leader Harry Reid released from hospital
- Utah Attorney General to challenge end to gay marriage ban
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help