Women charged with leaving children alone in apt.
RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Two women are now charged with leaving six children under the age of eight in an apartment without adult supervision.
A tip from a neighbor alerted Raleigh police to the situation two days before school started.
After investigating the circumstances for several days, police charged 28-year-old Tiffany Walton with misdemeanor child abuse. They say three of the kids belong to her.
Twenty-seven-year-old Danitsa King was also cited for child abuse.
It's not clear if all of the other children are hers.
No one came to the door where ABC11 knocked Wednesday However, a few minutes after we arrived, a woman showed up and said she was King's sister.
"The police had said that they were here several hours by theirselves [sic] but I know that they weren't because when my sister had left it was 20 minutes from me getting here," said the woman.
On the warrant filed in the case, police stated that the children were just here for a period of time while the mothers went to work.
wake county, local/state, ed crump
- Governor declares emergency in North Carolina
- Win a chance to audition for Jeopardy!
- Man to go to trial over Girl Scout cookie purchase
- US employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Veteran robbed, assaulted in home
- Missing Maryland girl found in South Carolina
- Accuser gives sexually explicit, emotional testimony
- Woman injured after jumping from car
- NC Sen. Nesbitt service Tuesday in home county
- River water above NC spill high in iron, aluminum
- I-Team: Congress concerned about VA data breach
- Things to do if you have 36 hours in Raleigh
- Testimony reveals Richardson suffered years of abuse
- Rangers rally past Hurricanes 4-2
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help