Woman, child shot multiple times in Smithfield
SMITHFIELD, N.C. (WTVD) -- A woman in her early 20s and an 8-year-old boy were shot mulitple times at a home on Tow Bridge Street in Smithfield Wednesday evening.
It happened just before 8 p.m.
Officers were dispatched to the scene in reference to a shots fired call.
The victims were transported to the hospital for their injuries. The child was last listed in critical condition. The woman's condition is unknown.
The investigation into the incident continues. Anyone with information should contact the Smithfield Police Department's tip line at (919) 989-8835.
johnston county, local/state
- Search for missing swimmer to resume Thursday 55 min ago
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Interactive Hurricane Tracking Map
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- NWS confirms Franklin County tornado
- Wake superintendent named, controversy begins
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini has died
- Former TWA Flight 800 investigators want new probe
- Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate
- Stocks slide as Fed says bond purchases could slow
- NC first lady urges Senate action on breeder bill
- UNC-Chapel Hill holds emergency drill
- Suspected meth found near RDU airport
- Wake Forest natural gas leak capped
- Search for missing swimmer to resume Thursday
44 min ago
- McCrory signs repeal of Racial Justice Act
45 min ago
- Website mocks 'Moral Monday' protests
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos