Teen charged with shooting at homeowner
GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Wayne County Sheriff's Office said Thursday that it's charged a Goldsboro teen with shooting at a Dudley homeowner.
Sixteen-year-old Jeffrey Leach Jr. is accused of breaking into a home in Dudley's Lakewood subdivision and shooting at a man inside August 28.
Leach was already in the Wayne County Detention Center on other charges. He's now also charged with breaking and entering and assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill.
Deputies said Leach is a suspect in other Wayne County break-ins, and more charges are possible.
Bond was set at $50,000.
wayne county, shooting, local/state
- ABC11 food drive makes sure no one goes hungry
- Woman claws her way out of locked bathroom
- Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year
- Man arrested in death of SC mayor's brother in law
- Man charged with stealing names, SS numbers from soldiers
- Man struck, killed on I-95 in Selma
- Shearon Harris back in operation
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Appeal to be heard in Jason Young case
- Police: Teen in custody shot himself
- Pilot who crashed at SFO worried about landing
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Prosecutor: no domestic charges against Zimmerman
- Wake schools bus shows up hours late
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help