Teen charged with shooting at homeowner
GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Wayne County Sheriff's Office said Thursday that it's charged a Goldsboro teen with shooting at a Dudley homeowner.
Sixteen-year-old Jeffrey Leach Jr. is accused of breaking into a home in Dudley's Lakewood subdivision and shooting at a man inside August 28.
Leach was already in the Wayne County Detention Center on other charges. He's now also charged with breaking and entering and assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill.
Deputies said Leach is a suspect in other Wayne County break-ins, and more charges are possible.
Bond was set at $50,000.
wayne county, shooting, local/state
- NAACP, students challenge education changes
- Get the ABC11 First Alert Weather App
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Possible tornado damage reported in Franklin County
- Driver facing charges after passenger injured in accident
- Baby born on Raleigh Beltline 34 min ago
- UNC-Chapel Hill to conduct emergency drill
- Obama renews call for nuclear reductions
- Hearings begin for Duke Energy's 5 percent hike
- NC Senate takes up energy conservation rollback
- UCLA defeats Wolfpack 2-1 at College World Series
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Wake County Schools names new superintendent
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos