Wake Schools add more buses Friday
CARY, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Wake County Public School System added six more buses to transportation routes Friday as part of ongoing efforts to improve school bus service across the district.
The routes were added to the following schools:
- Apex Elementary
- Apex Middle
- Baucom Elementary
- Laurel Park Elementary
- Turner Creek Elementary
- Salem Elementary
"The new additions reflect our ongoing commitment to make this situation right for our families as quickly as possible," said Superintendent Tony Tata. "We will continue taking all steps necessary to fix the problems."
Students affected by the changes received letters while riding the bus home on Thursday.
Parents can also view the letters online by visiting www.wcpss.net .
The school system has said it will continue to monitor bus routes and make changes as needed.
wake county schools, local/state
- Skiba's mom says Richardson murdered daughter
- ABC11 channel changes
- Reports of rashes spur Fitbit recall
- Wrestler loses championship, wins crowd over
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport
- Durham school bus involved in accident
- Official: Airliner communications shut down separately
- NC State tops Miami 67-58 in ACC tourney
- Emails show close ties between Duke, NC regulators
- Teen faces sexting charges following social media mistake
- Couple, suspect, officer killed in Burke County
- Graco adds more than 403,000 child seats to recall
- Suspect in Sanford shooting death arrested
- Parents hope bone marrow drive can save son