2 motorcyclists injured in I-40 crash
DURHAM COUNTY (WTVD) -- Traffic on Interstate 40 westbound at exit 281 was tied up for hours following an accident Friday evening.
Police said two motorcyclists were traveling west on Interstate 40 when they noticed traffic ahead and prepared to slow down. The hard and quick braking of the motorcycles then caused the two motorcycles to crash into each other.
One rider fell off of his motorcycle and was struck by a motor vehicle. The other motorcycle ran off the road to the right and landed on the shoulder.
Both riders were transported to Duke Hospital with serious injuries. The operator of the motor vehicle was not injured.
Traffic was temporarily reduced from four lanes to two for scene processing.
All lanes reopened around 9 p.m.
The investigation is still on-going and no charges have been filed at last report.
durham county, i40, local/state
- Food drive makes sure no one goes hungry 12 min ago
- Woman claws her way out of locked bathroom
- Pope Francis is Time's Person of the Year
- Man arrested in death of SC mayor's brother in law
- Fatal pedestrian accident in Selma 29 min ago
- Wake schools bus shows up hours late
- NC lawmaker charged in state tax case resigns
- Ex-NC State coach pleads guilty to tax charges
- Victim in Durham apartment shooting dies
- Car hits CAT bus, injuries reported
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Teachers union files suit challenging school voucher law
- Car crashes on Glenwood Avenue during chase
- Musical of film 'Bull Durham' to hit the stage
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help