Body found in Tar River
EDGECOMBE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Authorities found the body of a teenager who drowned in Edgecombe County.
Officials said 19-year-old Kevin Jaimes slipped into the Tar River Friday night. Jaimes was at a family picnic near the Shiloh Landing.
His body was found Sunday around 9:40 a.m.
edgecombe county, local/state
- Winter weather advisory issued for northern counties
- Match Madness challenge: A chance to save a life!
- St. Patrick's Day Parade draws huge crowds
- Photos: Raleigh's St. Patrick's Day Festival
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Duke stays close to home as No. 3 seed
- Tar Heels draw Providence in NCAA opener
- Iowa State ready to face North Carolina Central
- No. 6 UVa tops No. 7 Duke 72-63 for ACC title
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Newtown struggles to meet mental health demand
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- NC to check Fayetteville police chief credentials
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos