Body found in Tar River
EDGECOMBE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Authorities found the body of a teenager who drowned in Edgecombe County.
Officials said 19-year-old Kevin Jaimes slipped into the Tar River Friday night. Jaimes was at a family picnic near the Shiloh Landing.
His body was found Sunday around 9:40 a.m.
edgecombe county, local/state
- Defense wraps after Abaroa's mom's testimony
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- 'Horrified' trucker watches I-5 bridge collapse 54 min ago
- Super PAC created for possible Tillis Senate bid 30 min ago
- Broadwell expresses remorse for Petraeus affair 27 min ago
- Latest 'Bachelorette' won't say if she's engaged
- NC NAACP calls for June 3 rally for next protest
- Bill preventing UNC opposite-sex housing returns
- Authorities break up NC ATM theft ring, arrest 10 3 min ago
- 2 arrested after flight from Pakistan diverted
- Dean named provost at UNC-Chapel Hill
- Oak City 7 FREE Concert Series
1 min ago