Soldier accused of sexual assault on child
LILLINGTON, N.C. (WTVD) -- The Harnett County Sheriff's Office has charged a Fort Bragg soldier with sexually assaulting a child.
Sgt. 1st Class Benjamin Scott Richardson, 39, of Highgrove Drive in Spring Lake was arrested by military police and turned over to Harnett County deputies.
He's charged with first-degree sex offense with a child, child abuse sexual act and taking indecent liberties with a child.
Richardson is assigned to Company A, 4th Battalion, 1st Special Warfare Training Group.
Bond was set at $200,000.
harnett county, fort bragg, sex offense, local/state
- AAA Carolinas expects more travel on Memorial Day
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- Crews search for missing boater on Cape Fear River
- Private plane lands short of Charlotte runway
- Hit-and-run driver sought in fatal moped crash
- Defense wraps after Abaroa's mom's testimony
- Super PAC created for possible Tillis Senate bid
- More salmonella cases reported in Fayetteville
- Biographer regrets affair with former CIA director
- TSA finds man carrying gun on prosthetic leg
- Toronto mayor denies he smokes crack cocaine
- Family continues to experience miracles