Gunman breaks into senior living center
GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WTVD) -- Officials said an armed man broke into a senior living community in Goldsboro Friday night.
Waylon Britt Thompson broke into Emeritus at the Pines of Goldsboro around 11 p.m. in search of his ex-girlfriend who works at the facility, police said. Thompson busted the glass on the front door of the building and fired into the facility.
The staff called authorities and evacuated the staff from the building. No residents were evacuated during the incident, and there were no injuries reported.
Police later arrested Thompson at his home. He is charged with breaking and entering, firing into an occupied structure, domestic assault with a deadly weapon, and two counts of assault with a deadly weapon.
He is being held in the Wayne County Jail under $60,000 bond.
wayne county, local/state
- Crews battle large apartment complex fire
- Woman finds lizard head, arm in her salad
- Army reservist, mom to hike Appalachian Trail
- ABC11 channel changes
- Girl allegedly begged Richardson not to hurt her 46 min ago
- Three schools consolidated into one at Ft. Bragg
- Police: Man who solicited sex from teen charged
- Residents told of arsenic in water
- Community comes together to fight for Maddison 43 min ago
- Arrest warrants issued in Gates Four shooting
- Former sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Jeopardy! Clue Crew visits Raleigh
- ACC tournament to move to New York?
- Quiznos files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- Community comes together to fight for...
43 min ago
- I-Team investigates coal ash ponds on Cape...
46 min ago