Gunman breaks into senior living center
GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WTVD) -- Officials said an armed man broke into a senior living community in Goldsboro Friday night.
Waylon Britt Thompson broke into Emeritus at the Pines of Goldsboro around 11 p.m. in search of his ex-girlfriend who works at the facility, police said. Thompson busted the glass on the front door of the building and fired into the facility.
The staff called authorities and evacuated the staff from the building. No residents were evacuated during the incident, and there were no injuries reported.
Police later arrested Thompson at his home. He is charged with breaking and entering, firing into an occupied structure, domestic assault with a deadly weapon, and two counts of assault with a deadly weapon.
He is being held in the Wayne County Jail under $60,000 bond.
wayne county, local/state
- Soggy, cool Saturday to start holiday weekend
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Why married women cheat
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Shedding light on Clinton's health overhaul flop
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 14 min ago
- Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week
- NC woman to climb Kilimanjaro to focus on diabetes
- Cooper asks NC court to intervene in rate increase
- Warehouse fire cause explained
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche