Gunman breaks into senior living center
GOLDSBORO, N.C. (WTVD) -- Officials said an armed man broke into a senior living community in Goldsboro Friday night.
Waylon Britt Thompson broke into Emeritus at the Pines of Goldsboro around 11 p.m. in search of his ex-girlfriend who works at the facility, police said. Thompson busted the glass on the front door of the building and fired into the facility.
The staff called authorities and evacuated the staff from the building. No residents were evacuated during the incident, and there were no injuries reported.
Police later arrested Thompson at his home. He is charged with breaking and entering, firing into an occupied structure, domestic assault with a deadly weapon, and two counts of assault with a deadly weapon.
He is being held in the Wayne County Jail under $60,000 bond.
wayne county, local/state
- Funeral held for North Hills murder victim 33 min ago
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Photos: Raleigh's Artsplosure
- 4 year old injured in Durham hit-and-run 39 min ago
- Small Fla. city wonders who won Powerball jackpot
- Boston Marathon bombing victim returns home to NC
- Body of missing Ohio man pulled from NC waters
- NC teacher says student hit her during field trip
- Charlotte remembers 1963 desegregation 'eat-in'
- Swift, Bieber, more ready for Billboard Awards
- OJ Simpson lawyers say he is closer to freedom
- Medical emergency eyed in Va. parade crash