Toxic water found near Wake County homes
WAKE FOREST, N.C. (WTVD) -- Wake Forest resident Brad Hamilton said state environmental inspectors recently came to his home and found toxic chemicals in his water.
"They came out and tested our water, which came back four parts per billion. Our neighbor's came back seven parts per billion, with a carcinogen in the water," Hamilton said.
The carcinogen is called TCE and officials said it can cause cancer.
Although a source has not been confirmed, Hamilton told ABC11 the government has already attempted to help his neighbors.
"Within three or four days after that test came back, the EPA paid for and installed a filter to take the carcinogen out of the water. So hopefully they'll do the same for our house," Hamilton said.
Hamilton's house is currently for sale, so he is left wondering how this new discovery will affect the sale.
"What's our next step? When and who do we hire, retain as a lawyer, to help us out? 'Cause I'm not sure what needs to happen from here," Hamilton said.
Hamilton is not the only one concerned about the well water quality in Wake Forest. Anyone with questions can come to the Stony Hill Baptist Church Monday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to have some of those questions answered.
In addition, a community meeting is scheduled for Wednesday at Stony Hill Fire Station Number One.
wake county, local/state, anthony wilson
- Neighborhood blocked off, police search for suspect
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Thousands left in the dark due to outage
- Oakwood home causing neighborhood divide
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Family displaced in Fayetteville house fire
- Dad of teen charged with grandmother's murder speaks out
- Suspect arrested in Sanford man's death
- Police seek security balance for Boston Marathon
- Ex-Christie aides: Withdraw traffic jam subpoenas
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- No consensus on how to notify data breach victims
- North Carolina deciding again on film break future
- abc11.com home
- Site Map
- Advertise with Us
- Contact Us
- Online Public Inspection File
- Technical Help