Teen charged with bringing gun to school
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) -- A 15-year-old Jack Britt High School student has been charged with bringing a gun to school Tuesday morning.
School officials said they got a tip about the weapon and the student was removed from the classroom and searched.
When a gun was found, the teen was placed under arrest for the illegal possession of the firearm.
Detectives have charged the boy with felony possession of a weapon on school property.
There were no injuries reported and the school day continued as normal.
cumberland county, local/state
- 3 arrested in murder of Raleigh mother
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- NC terror suspect killed in overseas drone strike
- NC Senate spending plan given initial OK
- Acquaintance describes Abaroa after wife's death
- Stay safe from summer's deadly storms
- Jury begins deliberating in McNeill trial
- Rabies alert in Cary
- Driver killed after car collides with school bus
- ABC News: Boston bomber 'associate' killed by FBI
- Feds open special inspection into NC nuke plant
- NC House Finance Chairman resigns, blames Tillis