Fair to offer deep fried Girl Scout cookies
RALEIGH, N.C. (WTVD) -- This year, fair goers at the North Carolina State Fair will have a new deep fried treat to try.
Girl Scouts have partnered with a local business man to create deep fried Girl Scout cookies.
The man usually sells mini doughnut at his food trailer at the fair, but this year he will offer deep fried Carmel DeLites. The Carmel DeLites will be dipped in a special batter made specifically for the cookies, then deep fried and sprinkled with powdered sugar.
Girl Scout councils in Texas, Indiana, and Connecticut are also creating similar offerings at their state fairs.
- Photos: Oklahoma tornado aftermath
- First Alert Doppler XP
- LIVE North Carolina Weather Radar
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- High School coach arrested on sex charge
- NC House panel looking at public school grant bill
- NC NAACP protests reach highest arrest count yet
- Frightening moments for family with Okla. ties
- Hazmat situation at Raleigh apt. complex
- Police search for shooting suspect
- Man shot in neck in Raleigh
- NC Senate budget plan heavy on Medicaid spending
- Prosecution rests in Abaroa murder trial
- Woman accused of poisoning family