Train cars jump tracks in Cary
CARY, N.C. (WTVD) -- Six CSX rail cars jumped the tracks near Carpenter Upchurch Road in Cary Wednesday morning.
All lanes of Carpenter Upchurch Road between Green Hope High School and Heritage Pines Drive were closed as precaution while CSX worked to solve the problem.
There were no injuries or hazardous materials issues associated with the derailment.
Officials said two of the rail cars were leaning. The train was going from Apex to Durham when the cars jumped the tracks. They were carrying paper products.
Police are advising motorists to use alternate routes throughout Wednesday evening and overnight. Officials expect the work to be complete prior to morning rush.
Green Hope High School may be accessed by using Louis Stephens Drive.
The cause of the derailment is under investigation.
wake county, local/state
- Small Fla. city wonders who won Powerball jackpot
- Like ABC11 on Facebook
- ABC11_WTVD is on Twitter
- ABC11's Gas Buddy: Find the cheapest gas
- Boston Marathon bombing victim returns home to NC
- Body of missing Ohio man pulled from NC waters
- NC teacher says student hit her during field trip
- Charlotte remembers 1963 desegregation 'eat-in'
- Swift, Bieber, more ready for Billboard Awards
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- OJ Simpson lawyers say he is closer to freedom
- What do we eat? New food map will tell us
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in